Dulcinea® SunnyGold® Mini Seedless Watermelon Bruschetta
A summery twist to an Italian classic.
- 1 long sourdough baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- paprika to taste
- 1-3/4 cups Dulcinea® SunnyGold® Mini Seedless Watermelon, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped cream cheese
- fresh basil leaves, chiffonade (about 15-20 leaves)
- fresh mint leaves, chiffonade (about 15-20 leaves)
- Preheat your oven to 400 ºF.
- Use a large baking sheet and place a cooling rack inside the rim of pan.
- Arrange bread slices on cooling rack and brush each with your favorite olive oil.
- Bake bread in 400ºF oven for 5-8 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and lightly sprinkle with paprika. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium size bowl, gently mix watermelon and rice vinegar together and set aside.
- To prepare bruschetta, use a small spatula to spread about 1 tablespoon cream cheese on each toasted slice of bread.
- Combine mint and basil, and place two pinches on cream cheese.
- Top with a heaping tablespoon yellow watermelon and any extra herbs leftover.
- Serve immediately.