Recipes and Entertaining
Dulcinea® Lime Sorbet with Ginger PureHeart® Mini Seedless Watermelon
An invigorating treat to cool off on a warm, sunny day.
Yields 4 servings
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 cup water
Ginger Watermelon Topping:
- 4 cups Dulcinea® PureHeart® Mini Seedless Watermelon, diced ¾ inch
- ½ to 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger, depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Make simple syrup by combining 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat.
- Combine simple syrup, lime juice, lime zest and water and place in the refrigerator until cool, 4 hours or overnight.
- Once cooled, freeze in ice cream maker until firm. Place in sealable container and store in freezer until ready to use. Makes approximately 4 cups.
- When ready to serve, place a scoop of sorbet in a bowl and top with diced gingered watermelon.
Gingered Watermelon Topping:
- In a large bowl, combine diced watermelon, grated ginger and lime zest. Toss with clean hands to make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to use. Can be made a few hours in advance.
*Granita Version: If you don’t have an ice cream machine you can pour the liquid sorbet into a glass or metal 9×13 pan and place in the freezer. After 30 minutes it will start to freeze around the edges. Use fork to stir and mix. Continue to stir every 30 minutes until frozen. Scrape the mixture into fluffy crystals and place in a container and keep frozen till ready to serve.